Sunday, January 17, 2010

My hamsters toe nails are wayyyyyyyy to long! What should I do??? ?

Is it to expensive to take him to the vet??My hamsters toe nails are wayyyyyyyy to long! What should I do??? ?
cut them with a nail clipper?My hamsters toe nails are wayyyyyyyy to long! What should I do??? ?
cut them but not to high up because they may have skin there and then you could cut him. if that happens then you my really have to take him to the vet. i cut my rabbit's toenails and i went to high up and that happened. so if you cut them don't make them to short. also you can go to the store and buy a special nail cutter for animals or one that files the nail. i saw that on tv but they should be available at petco, petsmart or any other animal store.
Just clip them with small fingernail clippers. But make sure, please make sure that you don't clip the quick. That is the vein in the nail and it should be pretty easy to see. Don't clip it!! He will bleed pretty badly for a little while unless you have a styptic pencil.
You can buy a small animal clipper from your local pet store.


But if you arent comfortable doing it yourself a checkup and a nail clip should only cost around $15. (they do here in australia)
No it is not expensive. I have a guinea pig and when his nails get long I take him to the pet store where I got him and they cut it.
All vets have different prices, I take my rabbits to get their nails cut and it's $15 each, but my hamster has never had to get his cut.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hamster鈥?/a>
take to petco. it's ten bucks. call first
look up if it is okay to clip them, and if it is, go for it.
........

No comments:

Post a Comment