Thursday, January 21, 2010

What do you do when you have an in-grown toe nail that is really deep ?

The best thing to do would be to have it removed. The procedure's not that bad. It's done right in the doctor's office and it's an in and out thing.





What happens is the doctor will stick the affected with a syringe filled with some numbing solution, like litacaine or something. This is the worst part of the thing, I promise, but once the stuff starts working, you feel nothing. Once your toe is numbed up, he'll cut into the nail and remove it clear down to the root. It's seriously a snip-snip thing with some scissors. He might kill the root with some acid, which will prevent it from growing back. Then he'll bandage your toe and perscribe some anti-biotics and epsom salt foot soaks for 10 - 15 minutes.





It's really not that bad. Your toe will be numb for a while. I can't say if it will hurt when the numbness goes away though. I have ingrown toenails and they keep coming back. I've done this so many times I've lost count, but sometimes my toe's bothered me and sometimes it hasn't. Hit and miss.





You really should get it taken care of though. I hated the first part with the needle so much I just ignored a different ingrown nail and it got so bad. There was a benign tumor in it, the name escapes me... something like granule or granate... anyways yeah. That scared me. Have a doctor look at it and it shouldn't bother you anymore.What do you do when you have an in-grown toe nail that is really deep ?
See a doctor, you will probably need to get it removed. It's a common procedure though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!What do you do when you have an in-grown toe nail that is really deep ?
BELIVE ME GO TO DOCTOR I HAD THAT HAPPEN IT GOT INFECTED I THOUGHT I HAD NAIL OUT AND IT HURT BAD,AND THEY REPEATEDLY GAVE SHOTS GO TO DOCTOR!
Get yourself a GOOD set of toenail clippers and stop cutting your toenails too close to the quick.





If your toenails do it anyways then I'm sorry for you and ignore my post 8-)
cry.. then have my husband pull it out.
a try to do it yourself very tricky to do or go to a podiatrist and have it removed
Wash it with warm soapy water. Put antibiotic ointment on it and bandage it. Go to a doctor first thing in the morning. Preferrably a Podiatrist, but a general practitioner is fine.
gotta see your health care provider...
See a doctor about it.
see a podiatrist.i have had three removed.
Take a nail clipper and make the shape of a v at the top center of your nail. This will cause the nail to grow outward. If it's too deep you can have it removed by a doctor.
fungus!!! ewww.. go get it checked
Go see a podiatrist.
If it's really deep, you'll most likely have to see a doctor to have it removed. But untill then you can soak it in Epsom salts. That should soften the nail, and thusly ease the pain untill you can have it removed.
Your docotr may have to remove it.
Go see a podiatrist. Their the only ones that can cut that sucker out. It sucks, but your toe stops hurting. I had two, and they both looked like shark's teeth from the root. That's really where the problem lies.


So again, go see that foot doctor. If you try to fix it yourself, you'll likely pass out from the pain.
i would suggest, that you go to the doctors
You should proly go to a foot doctor and have them ripp it off and that way it goes back naturally...my sis had to do that
Some people have it, so far we cant do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment