Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ingrowing toe nail? Is it ingrown?

Um, well my toenail on my big toe is all red and swollen. I think it's ingrown cos the nail on the other big toe grows straighter. But this one really digs in and hurts , a lot. It bleeds sometimes and when it's got pressure on it , it kills even more. Also sometimes pussy :( if I go to a doctor, can someone say in detail what they can do, ? And the pain , please. Also, I'm just 15, and my parents aren't exactly nice to me or supportive. , so can I go to doctor myself,?Ingrowing toe nail? Is it ingrown?
I think at 15 you have to have a parent with you, unless you go to the emergency room. I had the same problem at your age. I went to the doctor, they gave antibiotics, and some instructions for aftercare. They said that if it didn't heal up, that I'd have to have surgery on it...


So don't let it get too bad, no matter what your parents say.


The antibiotics should fix it unless it's already to the point of no return...


Good Luck!Ingrowing toe nail? Is it ingrown?
go to the Doctor, if its infected they will give you some tablets for a week then you go back and they numb it with anaesthetic then cut the nail out form were its digging in and the skin at the side well that's what they did with me anyway.





As for going to the Doctor yourself i think you can although i think one of them would have to be their for the minor operation not sure though sorry.
im bout the same age and i jus had the same problem.


i was worried to go to the doctors because i thought theyd just rip my toenail off but they didnt.


if i remember correctly they told me to soak my foot in epsom salt to take down the swelling and make the skin really soft. then while the skin was soft i had to gently try and pull the skin away from toenail.


i had to do this twice a day until my toenail grew out. once it grows out some then you can cut the nail.


when cuttin your toenails cut it straight across dont try and round it off on the sides because that will cause more ingrown toenail problems.


its going to hurt for a while jus so you kno.


go to the doctors jus to make sure that its not infected or anything.


hope this helps.... :)
I'm sorry your parents aren't really helpful, I hope this helps you if you can not get to the doctor.





Lifestyle and home remedies


By Mayo Clinic staff





You can treat most ingrown toenails at home. Here's how:





Soak your feet. Do this for 15 to 20 minutes three times a day in warm water. Soaking reduces swelling and relieves tenderness.





Place cotton under your toenail. Put fresh bits of cotton under the ingrown edge after each soaking. This will help the nail eventually grow above the skin edge. Change the cotton daily until the pain and redness subside.





Use a topical antibiotic. Apply an antibiotic ointment and bandage the tender area.





Choose sensible footwear. Consider wearing open-toed shoes or sandals until your toe feels better.





Take pain relievers. If there's severe pain, take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) to relieve the pain until you can make an appointment with your doctor.





Check your feet. If you have diabetes, check your feet daily for signs of ingrown toenails or other foot problems.
It definetly sounds like an ingrown toe nail. Go see a foot dr. It's probably a little piece of nail on the corner of your toe. It's poking your toe so that's why your're in pain. The doctor will take a pair of clippers and pull out the piece that's poking you. You will feel 100% better as soon as it is out. I had a really bad ingrown once and once the dr pulled it out it felt so much better. If the dr. asks if no want novacain say no! That hurts much more then him pulling it out quickly. Good Luck!
Sometimes they can deal with it when you get a pedicure. So if your parents won't take you to the doctor, go to a nail salon and see if they can help





But you can also try your school nurse who might be able to help





And try home treatments:


http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ingrown_t…


I usually soak cotton in tea tree oil before pushing it under the nail to help prevent any infection
Sounds like an infected ingrown toenails. And why are your parents not so nice to you? That's one reason kids today are so rebellious. Their parents don't have time to be bothered. I think you do need your parents to approve a Dr's appointment. I have an ingrown toenail that is very painful at times. Hope you get it treated soon.
Hi babe,


I am really sorry that your parents ain't supportive or nice some people ain't just meant to be parents anyway yes mate i think you should go to the doctors because i think it may be an ingrown toenail but hay lots of people get them you ain't on your own.


Hope i helped.
take a metal nail file and dig that nail out of your toe. Go in there and get under the nail on the side that is growing in and make it come up out of your toe. That happens to me and I have to maintain it to keep it from digging in. When it does dig in, it hurts like a m___ f__.
Instead of going to the doctor for an ingrown toe, I would go to a pedicurist. They see this sort of thing all the time and are VERY adept at helping.





BTW, I firmly believe in modern western medicine but I also believe in evidence based medicine.
eww i hate those. since ur 15 u prob need lik proof of health insurance. try asking a close relative lik an aunt/uncle. i got one once and my dad took me to a doctor specializing in feet. soo he checked it and stuff. Then she gave my two shots on that toe to num it. Then they take it out. Its not painful at all inless you HATE shots. It didnt hurt after that. soooo good luck with that
This happened to my friend in High School, they end up having to cut the nail out and they'll put you on antibiotics. Tell your parents to take you to the doctor. Legally they have to help you.
Try cutting it off and keeping it short and filed that way it will not bother you that much.
call doctor call someone


ew
ewwww, lol, but call the doctor
UGHH!!!





THATS GROSS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment