Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hair around toe nail?

need on how to keep my dog still while doing so and how to do it.Hair around toe nail?
Are you asking how to trim the hair around his nails, pads?


If so..I wait till they are asleep and play with their feet all the time. Typically when I need toreally trim them they don't even care because they are sooo used to it.Hair around toe nail?
Ok...so I happen to be a professional groomer. Some dogs will grow hair around their toenails and it will matt terribly if not removed.


Personally, I don't know where you live, so I can't tell you what the groomers around your place are like. I personally would be happy to show a pet owner how to make sure the paws are kept clean and how to remove unwanted hairs from around their toes....


You do not mention your dog's breed so it is a little hard to guess....


Tip # 1 ... put your dog on a coffee table or kitchen table (a surface which they are not allowed on) and have someone else who they trust hold them at the head


Tip # 2.... cut CAREFULLY with blunted scissors around the nail so as to not upset the dog


Tip # 3.... E-mail me with more particulars any MAYBE I can help you more...


However, I would invest a few dollars and either (1) have a groomer show me how to do it or (2) take it to the groomer when it needs doing.


I have a number of dog owners that are ';squeamish'; about doing the job so they come in once a month for ';feet and face'; touch ups and every second month for full grooms.


As I said, since I do not know what kind of dog you have it is difficult to be more precise.


Hope this helped somewhat.


Regards.
You mean trimming the paw fur around the toenails? Go ahead and invest in a trip to a professional groomer. They're usually willing to show you how to properly trim fur and nails, and most have some good tips on keeping the dog calm and still. Or, your veterinarian may be able to show you how. Better to see it done for real than for someone to try to explain it in text.
got to start young if not, it is not easy, go to a groomer instead.
go to teh groomer

No comments:

Post a Comment