Saturday, January 23, 2010

HELP!!! half my toe nail is coming off?

i know its really gross but on my toe nail half of it is coming off. not the whole thing and it hasnt broken in half all the way


can give me any suggestions on what to do





thxHELP!!! half my toe nail is coming off?
try putting nail polish on it


it really works..............it will heal the nailHELP!!! half my toe nail is coming off?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean- has your toenail split lengthwise, like from the tip back toward the base? Or do you mean widthwise, like the whole front of it is coming off, but the back remains intact?





You say it is ';coming off';, which sounds like it is gradually getting worse. If that's _not_ the case, then I would just leave it alone and let the flaw grow out for a while.





If the flaw is getting worse and that part of your nail is pretty loose, then I would say to get one of those little, sharp toenail scissors (not clippers, but little curved scissors), and snip off as much as you can of the part that is loose. Better to snip it off in a controlled fashion than have it tear off at some random time while you are walking.





Once the nail is gone, depending how far down toward the base it tore, you might want to wash it frequently and put a bandaid on it to try and keep it from getting infected. The warm, moist confines of a shoe make a great place for breeding bacteria.
cut it off. like the half thats coming away cut it off and leave the rest on then slowly get the rest out over a preiod of weeks snip a small bit of the cuticle at a time. i did this when i stubbed my toe. good luck!
I've had that problem a couple years ago. Just don't touch it and wear flip flops. It comes off itself in a couple days. If you keep picking at it, it will only hurt more and start bleeding.
I suggest you talk to your parents about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment