Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can small shoes make a baby's toe nails crack?

My son (14 months old) has 3 toe nails cracked on flat surface of his nails :( Could this be from wearing shoes that are too small and making his toes curl under? He's been walking since 10 months old and is VERY active. And what size shoes does a 14 month old boy typically wear? Thank you.Can small shoes make a baby's toe nails crack?
try on different sized or have his feet sized at a shoe store.





push on the toes of his shoes to see if you can feel his toes, and where they are in the shoes. that will tell you whether they fit or not.





i have a 4 year old, and his toenails are always cracked. i don't really know why, but they're also very flat.Can small shoes make a baby's toe nails crack?
Yes it can! I went through this with my son! He hates when anything changes...including shoes! When he was about 15 months old, he outgrew his shoes, so I bought him new ones! He hated them, and wouldn't even let me put them on him! finally I let him pick out some cookie monster shoes that he liked, but it took a good 2 months of him wearing his old too small shoes...


His toenails are fine now...they healed right up.


The size really depends on your son. Take him to stride rite! Even if you don't want to spend that much on shoes, they will size his feet for free. If you can find half sizes, I would get a half size bigger. They grow soo fast!
yes wearing shoes that are to small will do that to your toe nails, take him to the shoe store and put a pair of she to the bottom of his feet and you can tell then what size he can were
I don't think that would be it, necessarily. My son is now 2 1/2, and has the hardest toenails. When he was a baby, however, his toenails cracked and peeled constantly. He wasn't even wearing shoes! It got so bad that they would crack and catch on his socks and tear really far down into the quick. It never seemed to bother him, but it looked awful! I talked to the Dr. about it, and he had no advice. I do give my son a multivitamin daily now, so that my help. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment