Saturday, January 23, 2010

Toe nail infection, need help!?

Any suggestions to getting rid of toenail infections? I've talk to my doctor but do not want to take the meds he is recommending (must take pills for min 6 months and have liver function tested if I go this route) I've read that vinegar which does not work. I am desperate, my toes look disgusting!Toe nail infection, need help!?
The reason the Doc's recommend pill's to kill this type of infection is the fungus lives under the nail it's self. So it is hard to reach with topical treatments.


Because of this topical treatments do not work very well.


With that in mind here are some things that you can try.


vinegar does help cider vinegar works better than the white.


the essential oil German-Chamomile (Blue chamomile) works as well.


I know once your toenails look bad you want to hide them but the more sun light and air that they get the better.


Now this is your choice.


Most of the pills that they have for this type of infection can cause liver damage or worse.


Because of this a friend of mine choose to have her toenail removed.


Unless the Doctor destroys the nail bed with a chemical the toenail will come back in.


all though it is painful it is during the time that it takes for the nail to come back in that the topical treatments work very well.





I have also heard that is you eat allot of yogurt will help


but you need to eat plain unsweetened yogurt to get the benefits. You can put jam or fruit or granola on it but once you add something you have to eat it within 20 Min's or you will not get the benefits. What ever you add will kill the 'good'; bacteria with in that time.Toe nail infection, need help!?
Thanks all for your advise. I will definately try up-ing the yogurt. I will try the Blue chamomile and cider vinegar.


Ugly Toes Trixxi

Report Abuse



Depends how bad the fungal infection is. Ask you doctor to try terbinafine first as an oral course of this should only take 3 months to work instead of the 6 to 8 months that griseofulvin or ketoconazole take and has fewer serious side effects. Another option, but an expensive one, is itraconazole (Sporanox) and fluconazole (Diflucan).





The vinegar treatment should also be used as this stops the surface infection spreading to other toes or to your hands or mouth. It can also help with the itching, pain and odour.





Make sure you treat your shoes daily with an anti fungal spray. Wash your clothes using an anti fungal rinse. The fungus is contagious and can be passed on to other people if you are careless with your hygiene.
i have some advise. the natural route of course is always better, vinegar is good, and tea tree oil is good as well.





For me I had a nail infection on one nail, and it hurt like crazy for a long time due to artifical nails in the past. By accident, I got cured by my dr. putting me on doxicycline it cleared up my nail, as well as roscea that i had at that time. so, I would have to say doxicycline.
My dad had something like that, he put vinegar on his feet every day and it went away


It smells nasty but it helped him!!
Sovereign Silver will kill any fungi.

1 comment:

  1. Certainly there are various natural ways to cure toenail fungus and many of them are actually effective. It’s really great if you can treat this problem naturally.

    Regards,
    Healthy Nails

    ReplyDelete