Thursday, January 21, 2010

I need help with my ingrown toe nail! please help me!!! im dying!?

this problem has cause me alot of problems. i can berely walk, and when i put on my socks and shoes, it hurts alot. their on both big toes, and on BOTH sides!!! it hurts as if someone mashed both of my toes with a hammer. everytime i get home after school, there is always a red bloodstain on the toe of my sock. everyday it keeps getting bigger and bigger! what can i do to get the ingrown nail out? or what shall i do in order to get rid/cure this problem? please help me!!I need help with my ingrown toe nail! please help me!!! im dying!?
Ingrown toenails are caused mainly from the improper cutting of the nails. They are also caused from improper fitting of shoes and from some socks. All toenails must be cut straight across and NOT rounded on the edges. DO NOT cut or trim toenails like you would finger nails. The best treatment for your ingrown toenails is to allow them to grow out and then cut them straight across. Sometimes while they are growing out from the ingrown stage, they will grow into the soft tissue. So the treatment for that is to take a very SMALL piece of cotton and use it as a pledglet and slide it up underneath the corner of the ingrown nail. This is painful and sometimes needs to be down by a physician. DO NOT continue to pick or cut at your ingrown nail. Warm soapy soaks will also help some of the discomfort and keep the skin soft.I need help with my ingrown toe nail! please help me!!! im dying!?
You need to see a Podiatrist (foot Dr. ) ASAP, or @ least see a medical Dr. , it wont go away on its own.
Get to a PODIATRIST.
you may need to go to a doctor at this point if it's bleeding everyday. they may want to numb your toe and extract the part of the nail that is ingrown. in the future, the best thing you can do is get a nice, sharp pair of toe nail clippers and trim them every couple of weeks. you should also trim the toe nail straight across instead of in a curve or on any kind of angle. that will help prevent future ingrown toe nails.
To help soften the toenail, immerse your foot in warm water for 5-10 miutes.Work a bit of loose cotton under the nail where it's biting into your fleshto pack it and help lift the edge of your nail so it can grow past the tissue it's digging into. Then cut your toenails straight across , even with the end of your toe.
As bad as you described your toes, I would go to the doctor to have the ingrowing part removed. I think you're beyond what you can handle at home to fix them and having them cut out will help with your pain a lot. Also ask him or her to show you the proper way to cut your toe nails so this doesn't happen in the future. If it's really bad you could even go to an urgent care today.
Go to the doctor and he'll remove it. It's a common, non invasive office procedure. The toenail will be gone for a while, but it WILL grow back, and the hope is that it will grow back normally.





There can be huge complications with ingrown toenails, and you don't want infection setting in. So see your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment