Thursday, January 21, 2010

Should falling o0ff toe nails be pulled off?

I ran the LA Marathon and now my 2 big toe nails are detaching.One is about 50% detached and the other one is about 40%. Should I see a doctor, leave them to fall off, or pull it off? It's sensitive but not infected; they have been like this for a week now. Please let me know, thanks!Should falling o0ff toe nails be pulled off?
It depends. It's best to leave them on if possible, the skin underneath is very sensitive. The main reason you would want to take them off is because you don't want them to catch on something and painfully rip off. You should keep something over them if you are doing something that could cause them to snag. Probably a piece of gauze that is taped (a regular bandaid might be to moist and let bacteria/fungus grow. Slowly clip the nail as short as possible without it causing pain.Should falling o0ff toe nails be pulled off?
I had the same issue from soccer. I wrapped the toe in a bandaid whenever i ran, and eventually it fell off. But once the toenail gets loose, another one automatically starts forming. So as the falling off toenail gets closer and closer to falling off, you will have a new one growing in faster.





I would let the toenail last another week or so, and see if it is ready to come off. If not, just leave it.





When my big toenails fall off, they don't hurt at all because i gave them time.
Go see a doctor. Its happened to me twice. They will eventually fall off but seeing a dr will speed the recovery time. It takes abiut a year for them to grow back. I work bandages onthe cuz it looks kind of nasty without toe nails.
Ewwww, That happened to one of my toe nails. Basically for me it just came off and grew back and that was it. I think you should just let them take their course.
I'd go see a doctor, different situations call for different ways of dealing with the nail.
i pulled off my pinky toe nail and it never grew back. ha ha.. maybe its just me but i would just let it fall off on its own or clip it enough so it doesnt get ripped off.
go see a doctor, he can give you some medicine so you don't get any sort of infection, and some vitamins so your nail falls fast and grows back healthy again ;)
you should really go to the doctor because they can take them off properly because you don't want them to get infected!! good luck! hope they are better!

No comments:

Post a Comment