Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Toe nail surgery aftermath?

Hi there I just got a part of the toe nail removed three days ago. Of course its sore and hurts to walk on it. I have bruises on my toe from the injections and I was wondering when those would go away and also how long to keep it covered. Thank you!Toe nail surgery aftermath?
I had a procedure that was probably similar to yours to prevent inrown toe nails, and I was told by the doctor to wash the area twice a day with surgical scrub and then apply new bandages for 2 weeks after the surgery. As for the bruising, mine went away pretty fast; about 3 days, but I don't bruise easily. Oh, also it help with the pain to soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salts, but you might want to check with your doctor on that, it probably depends on the procedure. Hope this helps a little.Toe nail surgery aftermath?
Hi.





best to keep it covered during the day and let it breathe at night when you're less likely to bash it.





For about a week.





The bruises shouldn't last more than 7 days, but if longer than that, seek medical assistance.





The pain should be manageable with panadol. Do not take aspirin as it thins the blood and prolongs healing times.





Best of luck.
They have a freezing technique they use on ingrown toe nails now. My mother had it done and she had no pain afterwards. You should ask about that procedure next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment