Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have an open wound right next to the nail on my toe, and I just put nail polish on. Will it get infected?

If you didn't clean the wound, it will probably get infected...





By ';cleaning the wound'; it is meant dosing it with soap and water...easy to dispense a squirt of liquid soap onto the wound (without touching the wound)...not so easy to maneuver your toe under water in the sink and run water on it...





Bowlers (people who go bowling) use a clear nail-polish type coat on a wound...to protect the wound and so as not to worry if the wound comes in contact with something it shouldn't...





As far as caring for the wound, applying nail polish remover to an older wound will sting more or less, depending whether the wound is fresh...





There are cans of things you can spray on it if you expose it...I prefer the analgesic type with antibacterial action...





The deeper the wound, the harder it is to achieve a true ';clean';ing...you'll know soon enough if the wound should've been left alone...and, the easiest way to open it up for a better ';clean';ing is to keep it soaked in warm water, e.g., taking a shower or bathing...I have an open wound right next to the nail on my toe, and I just put nail polish on. Will it get infected?
i dont kno but try to take it off or everyday put something that can heal up thingsI have an open wound right next to the nail on my toe, and I just put nail polish on. Will it get infected?
Did you get the nail polish right on the wound? Or right next to it? If the wound was really deep or you start noticing weird effects, I would definitely see a doctor.





I hope you have luck with this!





Ally
It may if the Nail polish goes too close to the wound...
it depends on how far away from the wound your nail is. If its right next to it, it is a problem because the chemicals could disturb the healing process, and if you miss, your in for some sharp pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment