Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My toe nail is trapped under skin!?

I cut the nail of my big toe, but trimmed too much off the right side corner of my nail...weeks later, the skin is growing OVER the nail, and im finding it hurts alot when i now touch that corner of my toe with the nail trapped underneath the new skin.


Someone mentioned that a minor surgery is needed to peel off the skin, remove the nail, and allow the skin to heal properly without anything underneath the skin...but it makes me nervous, also, has anyone else gone thru this before, did you need surgery or should i wait it off? its been about a month already... it hurts to touch it, but doenst hurt to walk...





any doctors out there? i would greatly appreciate all your help! thanks so much! :)My toe nail is trapped under skin!?
Its an ingrown toenail. Typically its a minor surgery to correct it, but if you can grit your teeth a little bit, use a little disinfectant, a pair of tweezers, and a cleaned mini pocket knife, push the skin back, and dig the nail out a little bit, clean it up, give it a couple days and it will be fine. Of course I use to be a medic, and prefer to do all my minor medical needs at home myself, but its up to you. Just watch that it doesnt get infected regardless of what you do, or ya can just ask and Ill fix it for youMy toe nail is trapped under skin!?
you might not need surgery. go to a podiatrist (foot doctor) and have them take care of it.
My doctor lanced mine in the office and gave me antibiotics for 2 weeks. It hurt for the day after that i was so happy i got it done.


I bet it hurts to touch because the nerve is on the top of the toe not the bottom that is inflamed.
You have a jagged edge of a toenail poking that tender skin. I had this went to the DR. they injected my toe with novacane (that hurt like a mutha frocker) then shoved a pair of scissors down the middle of my toe and cut the nail into two halves. It took 6 months for the nail to grow back.
it's an ingrown toenail, see a doctor. you don't want to wait and let it get worse or try something yourself and get a nasty infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment