Friday, January 15, 2010

I broke my toe on a door step. Now my toe nail has dried up blood under it. I don't now how to take it out!!

can anyone help me????? It dosen't hurt anymore but, my nail is secure on my toe!!!!! HELP! I broke my toe on a door step. Now my toe nail has dried up blood under it. I don't now how to take it out!!
Let it be - it is part of the healing process [ sort of like a scab ].


It will have to grow out.


If toenail is intact [ not broken, whole ] put nail polish over it. I broke my toe on a door step. Now my toe nail has dried up blood under it. I don't now how to take it out!!
For future reference, If you ever stub your toe again.





You can have a doctor drain the blood while it is still liquid. Doesn't get it all out, but reduces it.





Also you can drill a hole in the toe nail yourself BY HAND. Don't use a power tool! Just twist a small sterilized drill bit back and forth until it penetrates the nail. I've done this many times. Usually on thumbs that lost an argument with a hammer. This also reduces the pain, when the pressure is released.
You just have to let it grow out. That happened to me once - I dropped a stapler on my big toe and got blood build up under my toe. Just had to paint my toes a dark color while I waited for it to grow out.
When your toe nail grows out the dried up blood will follow. Once the blood gets to the end of your toe cut your nail and its gone!
You broke it???!!!!


Get a doctor, gurl!

No comments:

Post a Comment