Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do i stop picking my TOE nails?

Its gross. Like before i go to sleep i pick at them WHILE i am about to sleep. It helps me fall asleep, but i NEED to stop, i can find other ways to fall asleep! My toe nails are gross and short and just look horrible!How do i stop picking my TOE nails?
i know exactly how you feel, for i suffer from picking my nails as well (hands and feet). i hate the way my nails look, so i can definitely see where you're coming from. the first step in stopping this habit is to have an endless supply of will power, because breaking any habit isn't at all easy. first i would try hiding your feet before you go to bed...whether is it wearing socks or taping your toes so you can't pick them. you should also try some different methods that will help you fall asleep that don't involve touching your toes. i enjoy watching a movie as i go to bed, or reading a book...that always makes me tired. exercising at night is another good method that helps people, including me, fall right asleep without getting the urge to pick your nails. after your muscles are all relaxed from your workout, you'll be sleeping before you know it! i really hope i helped in breaking your habit...good luck! :-)How do i stop picking my TOE nails?
I don't think i could help you with that. It could be anxiety/OCD related. Go talk to your doc. about it. Trust me, you will feel a lot better and less self conscious when you wear flipflops/open toed shoes.
ummm wah?!? how am i supposed to know...just stop durrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment