Sunday, January 17, 2010

Toe nail surgery question?

Hi there, Im getting toe nail surgery done tomorrow and Im wondering if it hurts at all? It looks like it does when they numb it and if it does, is it incredible pain or like ';oh that's ok'; kinda of pain?Toe nail surgery question?
Well I had mine cut back a little for an ingrown problem and it didn't hurt after the pain killer shots. It was a very tiny needle and they numbed the area first and then gave me four little shots around the joint. That killed the pain to the whole toe. He cut the sides (1/32';) of the nail down and it has been fine for a year and half now.





Request a pain killer if they don't give you one. You need to have it about 5-10 minutes before the cutting starts.





Good luckToe nail surgery question?
In grown toe nail. ugh! I had that surgery years ago by a doctor that I call ';the butcher,'; it was very painful and all he gave me was Tylenol. When I went called in (after it felt like my toe was on fire several hours later), they prescribed something stronger.





Good luck and make sure they give you proper pain medicine.
If they have to do a 'digital block' that can be-heck it IS painful. I had an ingrown toenail worked on when I was in the Marines. It still isn't right and it is 15 years later. Make sure they do give you a good pain medicine. I was given 800 mg Motrin at first until a friend (nurse) got a hold of the hospital. Next thing I know it was Darvocet City and lights out for Bonzo.
what type of surgery? I had my toenail removed and it was not very painful, however my toenail bed was juicy for like 2 weeks. It wasn't infected, but for some reason it was just juicy with puss. Yum.
i've never had toenail surgery but i imagine when they numb it, it feels like it does when you get a tooth numbed. it is a sharp pain but then subsides fairly quickly. good luck!!
Like for ingrown toenails? No that does not hurt but it can ruin your toe nails if they do it with the acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment