Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have an in-grown nail on one of my big toe. Is surgery the only option?

I really want to cut it out by myself. Any advice on how I can do that at home?I have an in-grown nail on one of my big toe. Is surgery the only option?
No, try not to do that. If you do it yourself, there's big chance of infection. My boyfriend had the same problem - it was from constant friction against his shoe. He went to the doctor - they will take care of it in the office for you easily.I have an in-grown nail on one of my big toe. Is surgery the only option?
Erm.. actually a doctor is a better deal..if not.. go to someone who can do pedicure for you.. the experienced ones are good at cutting away in grown nails as well...
Major risk of infection. See a podiatrist!
alright well this is a disgusting question and answer, but here ya go...you need to get the nail clippers w/that nail file and pointy end. then what i do is dig the pointy end into the ingrown area to pull out the ingrown end. then chop it off. now i don't know how significantly your nail is ingrown so maybe it would be too far down. but you could give this a try. prepare for a bit of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment