Friday, January 15, 2010

Blood blister under toe nail?

I was out at the bar with my friends and someone stepped on my toe nail and now I have a HUGE blood blister until the nail thats full of fluid. I tried popping it with a sterilized needle and some of the fluid drained and made the pressure and pain go down but the fluid is back and the nail is pushed up, needless to say its in alot of pain. Will this go down? Do I need to go to a podiatrist?Blood blister under toe nail?
Usually, releasing the pressure helps, so do that as often as you can. Eventually, the nail will fall of, but it doesn't take long for a new one to grow....try wearing steel toed boots next time at the bar and it won't happen again.Blood blister under toe nail?
My husband gets blood blisters under his big toe all the time when he plays basketball. He does what you did, drain the fluid with a sterilized need, however, he has to do it mutiple times over a few days since the swelling and blood does come back from putting pressure on it. It will eventually go down, if it doesn't then it's probably infected and you'll need to see a doctor. What's really bad is that you can kiss that toenail good-bye because it will eventually get replaced with a new one...sorry....

No comments:

Post a Comment