Friday, May 14, 2010

Toe nail fungus/Manicure?

If you have a noticable nail fungus and you go to have a pedicure will they give you one? What can you do about nails when you can't afford the medicine??Toe nail fungus/Manicure?
I am currently studying to be a nail tech.


In my course we have been strictly told that if a customer comes in with a nail fungus that we are not allowed to do any service on them, and to refer them to a doctor.


We also have to disinfect and sanitise evey file and metal tool that we use on you so we there is no chance of cross contamination. This also includes the foot soaking bowl we have to soak it in a high grade disinfectant before using on the next client. They are very strict on this procedure.


It's not good how one bad nail tech can give the rest of us a bad name.


Any good nail tech will refuse to do a pedicure on you. If you can't afford the medicine how come you can afford to get your nails done???Toe nail fungus/Manicure?
My doctor and I have been trying to get rid of my toenail fungus for a year without success. It is EXTREMELY difficult to cure and the medication often damages the liver. I have to have blood tests every month to monitor my liver condition due to the medication. Also, the meds R expensive.

Report Abuse



I have this condition, and I find it very frustrating that neither medical science nor alternative medicine has come up with a topical, OTC medicine to cure it, because it's fairly common. I have tried the expensive, not-covered-by-medicare anti-fungal drugs, but they don't give a permanent cure. I don't know about the pedicure situation, but all you can do is ask them anonymously on the phone. I just keep my toenails trimmed and ignore the fungus. If you go barefoot in the summer, paint your toenails.
First off, you probably got the toe nail fungus from the pedicure place!!





Didnt you see the spot on the National Nightly News about pedicures? How the woman caught something from the ';soak';, and a few women were dying from it as thier feet are rotting off!!





They dont clean those devices in which they soak your toes and feet, in fact, if you look in the bottom of them, they will have debris, sludge toe clippings, and other ';gunk'; in there that would discust anyone who saw that!





I would never let my Wife get a pedicure from anyone, lisenced or not!





Also, they use the same clippers on you that they use on people with other fungus and you could of caught it from them that way!





See if you can get a prescription of amoxcillian 500 mg and that ';may'; clear it up! Three pills a day. (Its an antibiotic).





(No I am not a Pysician, but, I know what works, and have seen it work).





I wish you well...





Jesse
They may not. Many people end up with a fungus or worse from getting a pedicure and you don't want to be part of that problem do you? Have you tried the OTC products like these:





http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.a鈥?/a>





If you can afford a pedicure you can probably afford these. Not treating a fungus can lead to other health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment