Friday, May 14, 2010

Repair a broken toe nail?!?

I stubbed my toe the other day and it is now cracked 3/4 of the way down my toe nail and 3/4 of the way across so it is basically just hanging there. I do have a band-aid on it now to prevent it from falling off but is there anything I can do to keep it attached? I have to dress up for work and usually wear open toe shoes in the warmer months. Has anyone had this happen and does it hurt when it falls off?Repair a broken toe nail?!?
Yes, i've had the same thing happen to me before.





Get some nail care glue you get at the drugmart, nail pusher, tea bag paper (but don't need the leaves) or maybe coffee filter paper might work too.





Put some of the nail glue on the nail, cover with enough paper and smooth the paper on to the nail. Use the nail pusher to help smoothen tea bag paper onto the nail so that the nail comes together and hold it together. Let the nail glue dry. The nail glue will harden with the teabag paper and keep your broken nail intact.





Let it grow out on its own.





Or if you don't care, you could just snip as much off.





Edit: It only hurts when you yank/pull on the loose nail.





If you don't want it to hurt if you decide to pull it off, just put some ice on it to numb that area of your toenail. You won't feel a thing.

1 comment: