Friday, May 14, 2010

Help...I think I have an Infected Toe Nail?

I get pedicures about every two weeks at a local nail place, i woke up this morning and the big toe's nail was hanging by the side and looks to be infected, what should I do until I can go to the doctor on monday? There is no swelling, redness or tenderness at the sight.Help...I think I have an Infected Toe Nail?
If you're worried, do exactly what the doctor would tell you to if it was infected: Soak your foot in warm water mixed with Epsom salts a few times a day. It can't hurt, and is inexpensive and easy to do. You can buy the box of salts at any drug store and a small plastic basin and follow the direction on the box. You say there is no swelling, redness, or tenderness, but it looks infected? Those are usually the symptoms of infection....what does it look like that makes you concerned?Help...I think I have an Infected Toe Nail?
the asbury park press had an article about foot fungus. they said to take your nail and put it in a lemon and secure it good with tape. they said it would eliminate the infection by morning.





I do not know if this is true, I just know it was in the paper.

1 comment:

  1. itchy legs


    Research show metformin, a drug used to treat type 2 diabetes, could protect smokers from lung

    cancer.

    ReplyDelete