Monday, May 10, 2010

Ingrown Toe Nail questions?

Does anyone know any medication(s) that can numb/freeze my toe so that i can do the procedure by myself?


I want to cut the nail by myself and i dont know what i need to buy so that i can numb the toe completely.


are there any injectible medications? like ones that you can inject into the toe?


please helpIngrown Toe Nail questions?
Be careful; I have ingrown toe nails and I used to have a plantar wart on the same toe, and you can DIE or require amputation if you get a staph infection in your foot. I dug out my own plantar wart without numbing medication and I have not found a ';perfect'; solution for my ingrown toe nails yet but I will give you the one bit of advice that has helped me... soak your feet in hot water for a good half hour (in a jacuzzi or in the tub) before you even start trimming; this will do a lot to help soften up the nail so it can bend without splitting. I have an internal fungal infection in my body, its likely Candidiasis and it's not known whether I was born with it or if possibly it could have had anything to do with me digging out the plantar wart at 12 years old without disinfectant. Your feet are made to sustain cuts in nature and heal themselves without getting infected, but bad things can still happen. My MD didn't have any good advice for my toenails so I go to an ND now and will be bringing it up next time I go in (less than once a year for me w/o insurance)





I, too, will be watching this thread to see if there's any answers that I can benefit from with my own ingrown nails. Best of luck, and don't forget you have a large nerve bundle underneath every nail so be gentle. I got a set of nail trimmers called PROFOOT that look just like wire cutters/needle nose pliars, and they work way better than conventional nail clippers when it comes to this stuff. I think I got them at Walmart or Riteaid.





Also, if you do end up making any deep or potentially infected cuts in your foot, have some TEA TREE OIL nearby as it's the best topical antibiotic you will find to use on your hands and feet.Ingrown Toe Nail questions?
This makes me a little nervous. Granted it's not open heart surgery on self, it's still a procedure that should be done professionally, because of the numbing process. I don't know of an injectable over the counter numbing agent. Your local CVS or Walgreens could have that answer and could probably give some wise tips.





Please be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment