Monday, May 10, 2010

I play soccer, but my toe hurts becasue of an ingrown nail?

It hurt when I kick the the ball, how can I fix an ingrown nail my self?I play soccer, but my toe hurts becasue of an ingrown nail?
i've had ingrown toenail twice on my big toes.. the one i have done by a doctor the second started a few months later and i've left it.. if you leave it and still play it may start bleeding and your body may reject it. allowing fungus or sores that will start at your foot and if they are allowed to enter your blood stream you can get really sick, so by yourself i say





a nail kit of some sort where it has a clipper that head comes to a thin point it may be slightly curved ';good thing'; depending how bad it is will rate the difficulty. if it justs started just get a sort of pick to pull it out from the side of your toe. if its deep use a pick the get it out as far as you can then use the needle headed nail clipper that i brought up earlier to clip it out.. you would most likely have to repeat this after a month or so but it will eventually grow on the right track. saving you around 200 dollars from not going to the doctorsI play soccer, but my toe hurts becasue of an ingrown nail?
You are trimming your toe nails incorrectly to cause that.


Never trim down the sides as you might with finger nails.


This allows the surrounding flesh to grow around and over the nail, before it has time to outgrow the flesh.





Trim the nails straight across, leaving part of the nail extending evenly on the sides. Only trim any sharp protrusions.





These can become infected and become dangerous.


If they are terribly bad, you may need to see a podiatrist, or you will need to trim down the sides as far as you can. Once this is done, pack some cotton under the sides of the nail as best you can to prevent flesh from growing over the nail. Change the cotton at least daily and as you bathe.


Once the nail has grown beyond the flesh, trim as above. It may take a few weeks.





There was a girl in my high school who had this and it became infected. Her parents did not consult a doctor, ';religious reasons'; and the girl died, 15 years old.
i got 2 ingrown toenails from playing soccer as well.


Im guessing you have wider feet?? its okay! its normal...soccer cleats are VERY narrow, especially female soccer cleats....if your feet are wider, they push your toenails in and you end up with ingrown toenails.





I went to see my doctor about them and he told me to soak my feet 2 times a day for 30 minutes in warm water and epson salt (spelling?) unfortunatly i did not follow this, i did for like 2 days...mine ended up getting infected VERY badly. I had 8 surgeries, my doctor told me its the worst hes ever seen....and they took pictures. They actually used mine as pictures in some text books for studying medical students....i had failed to tell anyone because i was embaressed by how they looked. both my toes were flaming/beat red and would constantly bleed.


I was at HUGE risk for loosing one of my toes, luckily when i was taken to ER after my uncle (a doctor) noticed the red line of infection...and i was on vacation half way acrosse the country! The doctors at this hospital were able to save my toes.


i was sent home though, 8 surgeries later (my last surgery being a winingrad procedure where they basically remove the sides of your toes in easy terms) i still have my toes.





my suggestion:


GET IT TAKEN CARE OF!!!! i would DEFFINATLY get seen, but in the mean time while your waiting soak feet in warm water epson salt....try to purchase some wider cleats :)

1 comment: